The veterinary resources featured on this page provide useful information to pet owners on a variety of topics related to veterinary medicine and pet health care.
Animal Breed Associations
Behavior & Training
- Care for Reactive Dogs — Scroll down this page to our Video Tutorials to watch their video on how to teach your dog to wear a muzzle.
- Dr. Jen's Dog Blog — Read the adventures and musings of a behavior vet and dog trainer.
- Food Puzzles For Cats — Learn how foraging toys can help cats overcome behavioral issues.
- Stop The 77 — Did you know that 77% of dogs bites come from the family dog or a friend's dog? This website has great videos to teach children how to interact with dogs with the goal of preventing dog bites.
- The Muzzle Up! Project — Everything you need to know about muzzles.
Pet Grief Support
Pet Insurance / Payment Options
Pet Poison Control
- American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA)
- American Association of Feline Practitioners (AAFP)
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- The Cat Community
- Cornell Feline Health Center
- How To Love Your Dog
- Ohio State University's Indoor Pet Initiative
- Parasite Facts and Maps (Companion Animal Parasite Council)
- Preventing Dog Bites and Keeping Kids Safe
- Resources for Cat Owners
- Virginia Veterinary Medical Association (VVMA)
Teaching Your Dog To Wear a Muzzle
This video from Care for Reactive Dogs, shows you how to train your dog to associate their muzzle with rewards like treats and play.
Cats & Carriers: Friends Not Foes
Watch this video by the CATalyst Council about training your cat to use the cat carrier.